In the twenty-first century, the world is constantly changing. Modern technologies are developing faster every year, and today technology permeates almost every aspect of human life. Even such sacred social processes as marriage and the decision to have a child are not an exception. However, many couples today may face problems trying to have a baby naturally. This is entirely normal, you shouldn’t be shy about it, and you are not alone in your situation. Tens of thousands of married couples face the same problem every day, and in surrogacy, they find universal answers to all questions that arise in the process.
What Is Independent Surrogacy
If you are having problems with having a child, you will think about surrogacy sooner or later. On the very first day of researching the question, you will encounter an abyss of conflicting information, which can be extremely difficult to make any decision. You will be loaded with concepts such as “independent surrogacy cost” and “independent surrogacy classifieds,” and quite possibly, you will begin to lean towards independent surrogacy.
What is Independent Surrogacy? The answer to this question not only worries many young parents but is also extremely simple. Independent surrogacy is a process by which prospective parents and surrogate mothers contact each other without the help of a professional agency. The parents and the surrogate mother get each other, conclude an independent surrogacy contract, and start the process.
You probably already guessed that this model of organization has certain advantages and definite disadvantages. Firstly, independent surrogacy is certainly cheaper since you communicate directly with the surrogate mother without intermediaries. Secondly, independent surrogacy allows you to choose the surrogate yourself. However, you still need to factor in legal and medical expenses. In addition, you must be well aware of all the risks and disadvantages.
How Much Does Independent Surrogacy Cost
The cost of an independent surrogacy may differ depending on the country and conditions. You will not only have to contract directly with the mother but also reimburse medical and legal costs. If you decide to have a child through surrogacy, you must understand that this is a serious step and a significant update of your expense item.
If you are ready to take additional risks and start an independent surrogacy journey, you should be prepared to pay from 80 000 to 100 000 dollars. You’ve probably noticed that this amount is significantly lower than what agencies usually ask for. However, World Center of Baby strongly recommends using independent surrogacy only in exceptional circumstances: when you know for sure that you can handle all the processes on your own which is tall order.
How Long Is Independent Surrogacy Process
The length of the process varies greatly depending on the country and the terms of the contract. The duration can vary from twelve to twenty-four months to full completion. Factors such as your citizenship, the land of the surrogate mother, the specifics of the medical process, and, of course, the number of surrogacy matches available are of decisive importance. When starting the process, you must be prepared that you will be able to receive a child only after a few years.
Pros and Cons of Independent Surrogacy
- In search of how much independent surrogacy costs, you will almost immediately realize that an independent inquiry is practically one and a half times cheaper
- Independent search allows you to independently choose the mother, country of origin of the child, and more precisely outline the timeline according to your preferences. If you try to answer how long independent surrogacy is, you will realize that the answer largely depends on you.
- If you are interested in how to start an independent surrogacy journey, you better contact the agency. It is worth acting on your own only if you have thoroughly studied the process with all the nuances, are well versed in the issue, and are ready for numerous unforeseen difficulties.
- The agency carefully checks the background of the surrogate mother. Reputation is paramount for the agency, and only reliable and trustworthy surrogates are allowed to be gestational carriers. If you decide to act on your own, then you are at significant risk
- In the process of independent searching, you are at significant risk. A separate search does not guarantee the result, and no one carries out a complete check of the background of a surrogate mother.
- You will have to solve numerous non-obvious difficulties along the way independently. You will have to deal with independent surrogacy laws, look for a suitable lawyer and a reliable clinic to provide medical services.
It only makes sense to do an independent surrogacy if you understand precisely what you are doing. Your responsibility is to assess all the risks and benefits, draw up the most thorough checklist and a complete plan of action. You should be prepared that you will have to look for a surrogate mother yourself, deal with local legislation, and pay additional legal costs. Nevertheless, independent surrogacy has an advantage: it costs almost one and a half times less than agency assistance. On the contrary, in independent surrogacy, no one guarantees the result and the absence of risk.
Is Independence Surrogacy Legal?
The entire process from start to finish is entirely legal in many countries of the world. The only difference is that you have to handle all the legal issues yourself, while the agency will do it for you. You will have to independently figure out all the legislative intricacies, draw up a contract and hire a local lawyer to consult and certify documents. If you do everything right, you can be completely calm — the law is on your side.
How Much Does It Cost to Use Surrogacy Agency?
The cost of agency services can vary greatly depending on the specific country and the contract terms. You can assume that the agency always offers a full range of services and guarantees the result. As a result, the services of a professional agency are always one and a half to two times more expensive than an independent search. However, if you decide to contact an agency for help, you may rest assured that your rights and interests will be protected for that money. Besides, addressing World Center of Baby will help to trim costs due to the affordable pricing policy.